Art Directors Club Announces ADC Young Guns 7 Winners
The Art Directors Club (www.adcglobal.org), the leading organization for integrated media and the first global creative collective of its kind, last night announced the 50 young creatives from 14 countries to claim the prestigious ADC Young Guns 7 title.
ADC Young Guns® is the only international, cross-disciplinary, portfolio-based awards competition that identifies today’s vanguard of young creative professionals age 30 or younger. Selected from entries received from 84 countries (up from 46 countries last year), these ADC Young Guns 7 winners represent an impressive global roster of young talent in the fields of graphic design, photography, illustration, advertising and art direction, environmental design, film, animation & video, interactive design, product design and typography.
This year for the first time, ADC Young Guns-Moleskine® grants were awarded to top winners. Based upon jury scores, Moleskine awarded $1,000 to Siggi Eggertsson, Germany, as the top-ranked ADC Young Guns 7 winner, and $250 to each to Fx&Mat, France and Mario Hugo, USA, as the two runners-up.
The complete ADC Young Guns 7 class is as follows:
A selection of their winning work, comprised of both professional and personal projects, is being exhibited at ADC Gallery (106 W. 29th St., New York) from October 22 to November 6, Monday-Friday, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Wesley Allsbrook - Self-employed, USA
- Lindsay Ballant - Public Service Bureau, USA
- Nina Boesch - And Partners, USA
- Karim Charlebois-Zariffa - Sagmeister Inc., Canada
- Yong Choe - Ralph Lauren Media, USA
- Brian Close - Lifelong Friendship Society, USA
- Sylvain Dumais - Self-employed, Canada
- Yoko Furusho - Self-employed, USA
- Timothy Goodman - COLLINS:, USA
- Jessica Hische - Self-employed, USA
- Mario Hugo - Hugo & Marie, USA
- Kitman Keung - Kitman Keung Ltd., Canada
- Mixtape Club - Self-employed, USA
- Oliver Munday - Oliver Munday Design, USA
- Sean Pecknold - Grandchildren, USA
- Qian Qian - McCann Erickson, USA
- Keren Richter - Self-employed, USA
- Dan Saelinger - Self-employed, USA
- Michael Schachtner and Julia Neumann - Y&R, USA
- Stewart Smith - Stewdio, USA
- Matt Smithson - Self-employed, USA
- Will Staehle - JibJab, USA
- Ben Steiger Levine - Self-employed, Canada
- Isaac Tobin - University of Chicago Press, USA
- Sam Weber - Self-employed, USA
- Ben Wiseman - Rodrigo Corral Design, USA
- Danilo Boer - AlmapBBDO, Brazil
- Guiga Giacomo - AlmapBBDO, Brazil
- Bendita Gloria (Alba Rosell and Santi Fuster), Spain
- Dora Budor and Maja Cule, budor+cule, Croatia
- Laura Carlin - Self-employed, UK
- Siggi Eggertsson - Self-employed, Germany
- Verónica Fuerte - Hey, Spain
- Fx&Mat - Self-employed, France
- Yves Geleyn - Self-employed, France
- Raúl Goñi Fdez - Self-employed, Spain
- David Kamp - Kamp Music & Sound Design, Germany
- Johnny Kelly - Self-employed, UK
- PetPunk (Andrius Kirvela & Gediminas Šiaulys) - Lithuania
- Adam Simpson - Self-employed, UK
- Jim Stoten - Self-employed, UK
- Richard Vijgen - Self-employed, Netherlands
- Bianca Wendt - Bianca Wendt Ltd., UK
- Greg White - Self-employed, UK
- Peter Michael Willer - MMIX, Denmark
- Clinton Duncan - Self-employed, Australia
- Ivana Martinovic - Landor Associates, Australia
- NOSIGNER - Self-employed, Japan
- Jake Smallman - Paper Stone Scissors, Australia
- Joanne van der Linde - Net#work BBDO, South Africa
This work will also be printed in a commemorative, limited-edition volume published exclusively for the Art Directors Club by Moleskine®. The full body of winners’ submitted work will be available in November 2009 as part of ADC’s permanent collection online. Members of ADC Young Guns 7 class receive the iconic ADC Young Guns Cube, complimentary one-year membership to ADC, and an assortment of career-boosting benefits from ADC Young Guns sponsors.
Winners also get a chance to create original artwork for the recently opened New York location of Ace Hotel. Dubbed “the country’s most original new hotel” by The New York Times, Ace Hotel’s vintage-mod aesthetic caters to the urban nomad on a mission for experience. Ace Hotel will be selecting artists from the ADC Young Guns 7 winning class later this year.
This year’s 50 winners joins an elite group of past winners, including then-rising stars who went on to become leaders in their chosen fields such as Stefan Sagmeister and James Victore (graphic design), Deanne Cheuk (illustration), Jeremy Floto and Cassandra Warner (aka floto+warner, photography), Alexander Gelman (advertising), Rei Inamotoand Jerome Austria (interactive media), Mike Mills (film and video), Alex Trochut(typography), Todd St. John (animation) and others.
To elevate the spirit of competition among ADC Young Guns and encourage a strong sense of community, a panel of 23 past ADC Young Guns served as the jury for this ADC YG7 competition.
The Art Directors Club gratefully acknowledges Adobe, Shutterstock, Brooklyn Brewery, Jose Cuervo Platino, Ace Hotel, Behance, Moleskine, Photo Illusion LLC, Teagle & Little, Veaux and Resource Magazine for their support of ADC Young Guns 7.
With ADC Young Guns 7 work gracing the walls of the gallery, ADC will hold the year’s second FivePlusFive event on Thursday, October 29. Five ADC Young Guns 7 judges will pick five of this year’s winners, and all 10 will present their work Pecha Kucha style: each person gets 20 slides, 20 seconds per slide, 400 seconds total to tell their story.
FivePlusFive participants include ADC YG7 judges Robin Bilardello, Harper Collins Publishers (class of YG5), Bridget De Socio, Socio X (YG1), dress code (Andre Andreev and G. Dan Covert, YG5), Nicholas Felton, The Office of Felton (YG6) and photographersfloto+warner (YG5), plus their five selections from ADC Young Guns 7 winning class.
ADC Young Guns 7 logo designed by ADC YG6 winner Craig Ward of Words Are Pictures, London, UK.
The Art Directors Club (www.adcglobal.org) is the premier organization for integrated media and the first international creative collective of its kind. Founded in New York in 1920, the ADC is a non-profit membership organization whose mission is to connect creative visual communications professionals around the globe, and to provoke and elevate world-changing ideas. It focuses on the highest standards of excellence in visual communications for the industry, and encourages students and young professionals entering the field. ADC provides a forum for creatives in Advertising, Design, Interactive Media and Communications to explore the direction of these rapidly converging industries.