ADC Announces Global Winners of ADC Young Guns 9 Competition For Creatives Age 30 and Under
The Art Directors Club (www.adcglobal.org), the leading organization for integrated media and the first global creative collective of its kind, has announced the 50 young creatives from 14 countries to claim the prestigious ADC Young Guns 9 title.
ADC Young Guns® is the only international, cross-disciplinary, portfolio-based awards competition that identifies today’s vanguard of young creative professionals age 30 or younger. Judged on a body of both professional and personal work by a jury of past YG winners, this year’s class represents an impressive global roster of young talent in the fields of graphic design, illustration, advertising and art direction, photography, environmental design, film, animation & video, interactive design, sound design, product design and typography. Entries for the YG9 competition were received from 43 countries.
The complete ADC Young Guns 9 class is as follows:
: : : Profiles of all YG9 winners can be found at http://www.adcyoungguns.org/winners9/.
- Curtis Baigent, Auckland, New Zealand
- Clem Devine, Alt Group, Auckland, New Zealand
- Urs Furrer, Alt.vfx, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Felix Ng, SILNT, Singapore, Singapore
- Kyle Bean, Brighton, England, UK
- CAPTIVE, Lisbon, Portugal
- Leslie David, Paris, France
- Sean Freeman, London, England, UK
- William Gerritsen, Passion Raw, London, England, UK
- Owen Gildersleeve, London, England, UK
- Inka Järvinen, TSTO, Helsinki, Finland
- Pete Rossi, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
- Vesa Sammalisto, Berlin, Germany
- Stephan Walter, Zurich, Switzerland
- James Wignall, mutanthands, London, England, UK
- Olimpia Zagnoli, Milan, Italy
- Denis Artico Peralta, Almap BBDO, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Roanne Adams, RoAndCo, New York, NY
- Craig Allen, Wieden+Kennedy, Portland, OR
- Jordan Awan, Brooklyn, NY
- Jonathan Bartlett, Brooklyn, NY
- Daniel Blackman, 160over90, Philadelphia, PA
- Wilson Brown, Antfood, Brooklyn, NY
- Daniel Cassaro, Young Jerks, Brooklyn, NY
- Jon Contino, Brooklyn, NY
- Vinicius Costa, 1st Ave Machine, New York, NY
- Brent Couchman, San Francisco, CA
- Sara Cwynar, The New York Times Magazine, New York, NY
- Aaron Duffy, 1st Ave Machine/Special Guest, New York, NY
- Kimberly Dulaney, Brooklyn, NY
- Croix Gagnon, Wieden+Kennedy, Portland, OR
- Julie Glassberg, Julie Glassberg Photographer, Brooklyn, NY
- GrandArmy, Brooklyn, NY
- Huma-Huma, Brooklyn, NY
- Jesse Juriga, BBH, New York, NY
- Dan Kenneally, Anomaly, New York, NY
- Tamar Levine, Los Angeles, CA
- Alex Mapar, Brooklyn, NY
- Mike McQuade, Chicago, IL
- Homer Mendoza, Standard Life, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- John Passafiume, Louise Fili, Ltd., New York, NY
- Jesse Rieser, Los Angeles, CA
- Camm Rowland, Digital Kitchen, Chicago, IL
- Jon Saunders, Brooklyn, NY
- Genevieve Simms, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Dana Tanamachi, Louise Fili, Ltd., New York, NY
- Richard The, Brooklyn, NY
- Erin Trieb, Bellaire, TX
- Tomi Um, Brooklyn, NY
- Elizabeth Weinberg, Brooklyn, NY
ADC Young Guns 9 winners receive a unique version of the ADC Young Guns Cube, designed in a limited edition exclusively for this year’s incoming class. They will have their work featured in an exhibition at the ADC Gallery in New York, published in the ADC Young Guns 9 Annual, and added to the ADC permanent online collection. Along with receiving a complimentary one-year ADC membership, they also get permanent membership in ADC Young Guns Network, the chance to be featured in YG events and onwww.adcyoungguns.org, and an assortment of career-boosting opportunities from ADC Young Guns sponsors including Corbis, Behance and Ace Hotel.
The exhibition opening and winners party, sponsored by Corbis, Brooklyn Brewery,Moleskine and Resource Magazine, will be held at the ADC Gallery, 106 W. 29th St, NYC, on October 13, 2011, 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Admission to the event is free to ADC members, $25 for non-members, with open bar, food and music by DJ Veronica Vasickaof Minimal Wave Records. To RSVP and buy tickets, please visithttp://www.adcglobal.org/adc/events/calendar/#273.
The exhibition of work by the ADC Young Gun 9 class, consisting of both professional and personal projects, will run at the ADC Gallery from October 13-November 3, 2011(Monday-Friday, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, free admission).
ADC gives special thanks to Nessim Higson (IAAH) for design of the ADC Young Guns 9 Cube award and ADC Young Guns 9 Annual.
Past ADC Young Guns include then-rising stars who went on to become leaders in their chosen fields, such as ADC board member Rei Inamoto (interactive), Stefan Sagmeisterand James Victore (graphic design), Deanne Cheuk (illustration), Jeremy Floto andCassandra Warner (aka floto+warner, photography), Alexander Gelman (advertising),Mike Mills (film and video), Alex Trochut (typography), Todd St. John (animation) and others. To encourage a strong sense of community, a panel of past ADC Young Gunsserves as the jury for each year’s competition.
The Art Directors Club (www.adcglobal.org) is the premier organization for integrated media and the first international creative collective of its kind. Founded in New York in 1920, the ADC is a self-funded, not-for-profit membership organization whose mission is to connect creative communications professionals around the globe, and to provoke and elevate world-changing ideas. It focuses on the highest standards of excellence in communications for the industry, and encourages students and young professionals entering the field. ADC provides a forum for creatives in Advertising, Design, Interactive Media and Communications to explore the direction of these rapidly converging industries. Follow us onTwitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.